Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wild Animals

I've decided this is the weirdest area in the country. I mean there are highways and trains everywhere and hundreds of tiny little suburbs full of gigantic strip malls, condo's, and office buildings. That doesn't sound so weird, right? Well, I've seen more wildlife here than I saw in a typical month in B-town. Last night on our way home from an event we were driving past the I94 exits when a coyote ran out right in front of us. A coyote. I've never even seen a coyote and I see one on highway 94. Also, the other day Rick was walking to the mail room (past a little pond and some natural grassland stuff the Dr. Schutt would drool over) when he saw a mother deer and her baby just hanging out on campus. Where do these animals come from? Interesting place...

1 comment:

Joe Kalis said...

There's a very simple explanation for that: all the suburbs and office buildings and condos and strip malls...they used to be trees and ponds where said animals lived! They do not have rent money to live IN the condos/apts/office buildings, so they live AMONG the buildings now...unfortunately, I-94 is where their living room used to be. They're just chillin at home like you do on the couch in your apartment. :-) Or something like that. The National Wildlife Preservation Society is glaring at you right now (and me!)...