Monday, August 25, 2008

Best Darn BBQ in the State of Alabama

If anyone can name that movie I'll be amazed.

Last night Rick and I attended a BBQ for all grad students on campus, and we met some more of our neighbors that we didn't know even existed! It was surreal to sit at a picnic table on the back lawn of "the Mansion" with 4 other couples who come from all over the country, but are essentially in the same boat we are.

Another wonderful thing about this campus is the abundance of children! We found out that there are about 80 kids (average age of 4) living on this campus. Just outside our building is a bike rack that is literally one big heap of children's bikes and trikes. It is so cool to see kids of all nationalities running around together.

We attended a Missionary church yesterday in Gurnee. Numerous people were referring us to this church before we even came up here, so we decided to check it out asap. The pastor, Todd Habeggar, originally from the Berne area, attended both TUFW and Trinity! He is also somehow related to Hal Lehman through marriage. I never cease to be amazed at how all roads lead back to B-town somehow.

As for a job update... I think I'll wait until everything is finalized before I go blabbing our plans on a public blog for anybody to see. By this weekend we should hopefully have all the answers!

p.s. thanks for Joe and Jeremy for being the only ones to post comments :) I also find it hard to believe that Joe is the only one with a blog out there.

1 comment:

Joe Kalis said...

We might not be the ONLY ones with a blog, but DEFINITELY the funnest. ;-)

I'm so excited you've met some nice people and also got some job possibilities lined up...congratulations! I'm excited to see your new Chicagoland lives come together. :-)