Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Breathe a Sigh of Relief

Most of the schools around here start next week, and I was hoping to be a part of that. Way to feel like a loser... So I've finally decided to apply for subbing. I am realizing I should have taken care of this weeks ago because the districts around here like to interview their subs before they'll even consider them (not to mention a million other qualifiers in the form of paper). You'd think that having gone through 4 years of college for education and obtaining a nearly impossible-to-get Illinois license I'd be good to go. I have a lot of work to do.

On a happy note (sort of) I found my large packet of official documents I had been missing. Last week I discovered that I could not find my manilla folder full of teaching licenses, test score info, originals of student teaching evaluations, and other important info that is necessary for any bit of income at the current moment. Imagine having that feeling. Sadly I am out more than a few dollars because I quickly jumped on the website to re-order them... stupid papers... To top it all off they were in the same filing cabinet drawer I tore apart last week while in pursuit of them. =D

No comments: